February 14 is that one day of the year when even the least person is “encouraged” to manifest his or her feelings to the one that they love, or like, as the case may be. Well, more so for the guys anyway. Haha.
However, there are different kinds of love, and whoever said that Valentines is only for lovers is sadly mistaken. There is no reason why today can’t be for friends and family too. Lucky for me, I was able to experience all of the above today ☺
Mine started out like any different day. I woke up, got ready for work, ate breakfast and went to the office. I greeted my closest friends a “Happy Hearts Day” and received a few greetings in return. I went about my work, as usual. Then I joined my family for lunch at home. It was there that I was greeted by a very pleasant surprise!
On the kitchen table was a vase holding a bouquet of red roses and tiger lilies! And an envelope with my name in front.

So, curious as to who they were from, as no one seemed to know, I opened it to pull out the card. And another surprise awaited me. All it said was “Happy Valentines Day!!”. That was it. It didn’t say who it was from. I even tried calling the shop that delivered it but I was told that they couldn’t give out that kind of information. Jeez.
Of course, I had my suspicions and hopes as to who they were from. I had it narrowed down to two – H and S. (No names, so will just use my own code.) But how to ask? With H, it was easy. Since we were just friends, I just asked him outright. After a bit of evasive tactics, he admitted that they weren’t from him. So, I was back to square one.
Throughout the whole process of trying to figure out who they were from, I was REALLY REALLY hoping that the flowers were from S. I was debating to just ask him outright, but what if they weren’t from him?? Awkward. Hahaha. So I decided to wait it out and see if he would bring it up. Earlier this morning, I iMessaged him a greeting, which he returned, albeit a bit dryly. It disappointed me a bit, but I tried to shrug it off to his not-so-romantic nature. Then he iMessaged me around lunchtime to ask how my Valentines was going. By then, I had seen the flowers but I avoided bringing them up since I still wasn’t sure as to whom they were from. Finally, he messaged me at around 7pm, saying that he had something sent to my house but he wasn’t sure whether it had been delivered. And then I knew for sure. Yay :D (I guess him not putting his name on the card was part of his surprise…)
And my day didn’t end there.
Since I didn’t have a romantic date for that night, I was supposed to spend it with friends. We were going to take in a show then most probably a late dinner. But as the day was filled with unexpected twists, why would the night be any different? An unexpected complication cropped up and it took some time to somewhat try to settle things.

In the end, we missed the show and instead had a yummy 5-course dinner at Pipino, a vegan restaurant in Quezon City. It’s the favorite restaurant of Alyanna, my best friend. I was able to have a vegetable couscous, which was absolutely delicious. And as what always happens when I’m with them, I overate. Hahaha. Oh well.

And to cap off the night, RJ, another friend, passed by and brought his new toy, a baby Dachshund who we named Joon-Joon. He was such a cute baby, even though he was peeing everywhere. Hahaha. And he had perpetual hiccups!

It was a long day, but oh so eventful :-) More than worth it :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment